- 1 About of Fernando De Noronha
- 2 Fernando De Noronha Map
- 3 How do I get there?
- 4 Your transportation options.
- 5 Top Things to know for watching De Noronha
- 6 Best time to visit Fernando de Noronha.
- 7 why go to De Noronha, Brazil?
- 8 The highest concentration of dolphins in the world.
- 9 Where stay of Fernando de Noronha, Brazil?
- 10 Nearest Airport De Noronha Brazil.
About of Fernando De Noronha
A secret island in Brazil that you probably have never heard of before. It is called Fernando de Noronha. It is by far the most exclusive and unique eco-tourism destination. Fernando de Noronha, Brazil is a volcanic archipelago and a UNESCO natural world heritage site 215 miles off the coast of Brazil.
The island is famous for its incredible scenery, beautiful beaches, and fantastic wildlife. The archipelago has never been connected to the mainland. Geologically, it is the base of a submarine volcanic formation that rises from the deep seashore and consists of a central island and several rocks and islands.
The water around these islands, bathing in streams from Africa, is visible even 50 meters with excellent visibility and it has warm temperatures all year round. American Vespucci (1454-1515), discovered in 1503 by an Italian merchant and cartographer. Islands about 200 miles south-east of Brazil’s northeast coast. About 200 miles south of the city of Natal.
During its 500-year history, Fernando de Noronha was temporarily occupied by the Dutch (17th century), French (18th century) before Portugal. At present, the population is about five and the primary industry is tourism.
The archipelago consists of 21 islands. It has only the most significant population (POP 3500) and requires special approval from the Environment Authority to visit other islands, as these are protected areas of the National Maritime Park.
Fernando De Noronha Map
How do I get there?
There are daily direct domestic flights from Recife, Natal, Rio de Janeiro, Maceio, Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte, Salvador and Aracaju that operate daily from Fernando de Noronha. There are charters and full packages available from most Brazilian travel agents from major cities in Brazil.
You can rent a bus, taxi, a golf cart or drive up to most hotels along the main road.
During the dry and peak seasons from October to February, some cruises operating in the region stop at Fernando de Noronha, usually in Recife, Natal, and Fortaleza. It gives you minimal flexibility when planning your trip, as the ship is usually only at the peak, full season, not airline travel.
Your transportation options.
You can rent a car, but with most driving off-road around the island, it’s best to rent a beach buggy. Main roads are familiar, and most of the locals stop giving lifts.
Top Things to know for watching De Noronha
- Every day, a small number of tourists are allowed to enter the island. The number of tourists arriving in Fernando de Noronha is around 450 to 500 people a day.
- You must pay an entrance fee to enter this island. All visitors must visit Fernando de Noronha to save the environment for one.
- Which starts at around R $ 45 (US) a day. And it increases the number of days you spend there.
- Flight delays may occur.
- Use mosquito repellent.
- Take cash with you.
Best time to visit Fernando de Noronha.
The rainy season in Fernando di Noronaha runs from April to August and brings with it raining wet weather with heavy rains. We visited the island during the dry season, which runs from August to January, and enjoyed clear skies, hot weather, and a warm sea.
why go to De Noronha, Brazil?
- Beautiful beaches
- Swim with sharks
- Turtle spotting
- Incredible diving
The highest concentration of dolphins in the world.
- Superb sunsets.
- Less tourism.
- Travel with a boat.
Where stay of Fernando de Noronha, Brazil?
- Pousada Lua Bela
- Pousada Ze Maria
- Casa Swell Hostel
Nearest Airport De Noronha Brazil.
- Juazeiro do Norte Airport – 847 km from FDN.
- Aracaju-Santa Maria Airport – 946 km from FDN.
- Greater Natal International Airport – 390 km from FDN.
- Recife/Guararapes-Gilberto Freyre International Airport – 550 km from FDN.
- Pinto Martins – Fortaleza International Airport – 678 km from FDN.